Saturday, November 21, 2009

Elder Hoopes Comes Home!



this was the first shot we had of Elder Hoopes coming off the plane

I didn't wait 2 seconds before running up and hugging him. He was much skinnier than I remember him being. I had trouble getting my arms around him because of his big backpack.


Claire was the second one to hug Richard. She was very excited to have her older brother home. I can't imagine what it would be like to have siblings that much older than me? But Claire seems to love interacting with her 21 year old brother, and almost 19 year old sister.


I let everyone have their turn hugging Richard, and then I took over the job. Big Richard was absolutely beaming with pride over his eldest son.


Here is a great shot of the three Elders Richard Hoopes'. Does that make sense? Let me explain for those of you who don't know. All three of these men are named Richard Terrell Hoopes. So there have been three different Elder Richard Terrell Hoopes' who have served the Lord.

Okay, Okay, I was beaming with pride just a little myself that day. This weekend was Stake Conference, so Richard got to see alot of people, and alot of people got to see him. It was fun.


Here is a random shot from the airport.


Here is Richard waiting for his luggage. He wouldn't let anyone help him carry his suitcases. He knew how to hook them up into a train for transportation. A trick he was taught in the MTC.


Following the airport we all went out to eat at our family's favorite dim sum restaurant called Capitol Tea. It is on T street in the capitol of California...Get it? We ate copious amounts and had enough left over for breakfast the next day.

Mom has some more photos in her camera. They are actually better. Stone and Claire were taking these for us. I will post her pictures later. I just wanted to get this up so family members could see it. Tonight we are having a family meet and greet for Richard. I will take pictures of that and post them as well.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see the photos. Welcome home "little?" Elder Richard T. Hoopes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see him. Fun pictures, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete