Monday, March 8, 2010

Aiden's 17th Birthday

to

One of my friends was telling me how nice it has been to have Aiden hanging around her house lately. I explained to her how Aiden refuses to have friends come to his house. He never wants to invite them over to our house to hang out. She suggested that I have a surprise party for him, and force him to have friends over. I liked the idea, and with his birthday just 7 days away, I went into full swing putting together a last minute surprise birthday party for Aiden. On Friday evening around 6:45 I asked Aiden to run to the gas station to get me a soda. Anyone who knows me, will know this a common occurrence and not suspicious in the least. His friends had all parked up at Grandma Hoopes' house waiting for the all clear signal to come down. We were waiting for Claire to tell us he was coming as she was put on look out upstairs. She some how missed the headlights driving up. Aiden walked into the kitchen holding my soda wondering why so many of his friends were just hanging out around the couch. In a rather staccato method people starting yelling "Surprise!" He was surprised.

The party was held in the basement. In the front room was air hockey, fuzeball, and videos. In the bedroom was the food and band hero.


After about 2 hours everyone left. I was afraid everyone got bored, and as soon as the first movie was over, they all wanted to go home. I was feeling really bad thinking it was another disastrous party by Mena. But then about an hour later they all came back in and went down to the basement again. Apparently they had just taken the party outside, and were walking up and down Cole rd. The party ended about midnight because that is most of the kids' curfews. All in all I would have to call it a success. Fewf!

No comments:

Post a Comment