Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter 2010

The night before Easter Claire and I did the traditional egg dying. I couldn't interest any of the boys to join us. It is a good thing I still have Claire or my holidays would be very boring. We decided to only hard boil 6 eggs, and then we dyed 6 raw eggs. Who says they HAVE to be hard boiled?

Now Easter this year coincided with General Conference. We have our family tradition of cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning conference and Easter or not, we weren't going to break with that tradition. So when Claire and I finished the egg dying, we began the cinnamon roll making.

Stone and Aiden are not much into the Easter traditions anymore. They are too old for that. But they are not too old to get a basket from the Easter bunny. And they want it hidden as well. We are down to only three kids at home for Easter morning now.

Lindsey had to work at the bakery on Easter Sunday. So we brought her Easter basket to her. Her basket is the white one on the counter. She stood on the corner with her bunny ears and a sign advertising the bakery. She said it was absolutely freezing. I mailed an Easter basket to Richard at BYU-I.

This was our Easter table. I decided to try my hand at lamb this year. So we had ham and lamb, along with alot of other good stuff. Of course Grandma and Grandpa Hoopes joined in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment