Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sacramento Airshow

Grandpa Wright was able to get us VIP tickets again to the Sacramento Airshow. As we entered the airshow, Richard found a booth that was giving free beard trims. Now that he is sporting a "van dyke" he thought he would get it cleaned up.

Next we went to check out the local aircrafts. Richard kind of already knew that he was not built to be a helicopter pilot. When he wedged himself into the cockpit it was confirmed. His knees blocked a whole row of instruments.

Now Spencer Sanders on the other hand was just fine climbing into the cockpit. Although he is still a little too short to take control of the aircraft.

We concluded that this helicopter was best suited for Joshua Sanders and Stone. They fit perfectly.

See how good Stone looks in the cockpit of an expensive helicopter. Well, maybe he should lose the cowboy hat. Then he will look cool.

These boys are strapped in and ready to go rescue someone in the EVAC helicopter.

Here we are waiting for our turn to sit in the brand new EVAC helicopter.

And here we are sitting in the helicopter. Once again Richard didn't fit too well. Crouching down as low as he could get inside, his head still scraped the top.

Joshua got his own seat on the helicopter. He fit just fine.

This helicopter Richard fit into.

Now this is a plane! We could fit everyone and their dog into this one.

We are inside that big plane waiting to climb up into the cockpit.

With the VIP tickets that Grandpa gave us we were invited to dine with the performers. We ate BBQ pork and BBQ chicken with cool pilots in uniform all around us. We also had front row seats along the runway for the airshow. The main attraction this year was a re-enactment of the Pearl Harbor attack. There were Japanese bombers dropping bombs that really exploded on the ground. And American fighter jets chasing them through the air. It was pretty cool.

Here we are just about to leave. We were hot, sweaty, sunburned, but happy. Just as we exited on the other side of those white tents, they brought out the plane that Spencer and I had been waiting to see. OR should I say hear? We stopped and could still watch the airshow from the other side of the tent. It was an F-17 that made the ground rumble as it flew past. It was so loud that car alarms were being triggered in the parking lot. We watched it go real fast passed us. We especially liked how it was silent upon approach, but then shook the ground as it was leaving. It was the coolest way to end the day! Thanks Grandpa for the wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment