Monday, September 21, 2009

Homemade Apple Pie

The older Godfrey's brought a bushel full of apples from their tree to church last week. Someone mentioned that these apples were perfect for apple pies. I decided I would like to try making an apple pie. I have not had much success with pie making in the past. But I was willing to try again. And this time include my girls. They were excited about the project. Here is a photo of the finished pie. But now let us take a look at the process.

To begin with we had to break out the "Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer". My kids were very excited about that. Besides the fun of spinning the apples, they like to eat the stringy apple skins.

Next, we realized that we were in way over our heads, and decided to call in the expert to help us. Other wise known as GRANDMA !

Here Grandma is showing Lindsey and Claire the fine art of shaking the apple slices in a zip-lok bag with cinnamon and sugar.


And VOILA! The final product. We did it. We made our apple pie! The photo at the top of the page shows most of the crust having been picked off. I wouldn't let anyone eat it until it had cooled. So they just picked off the crust instead. But we love Grandma's crusts!

1 comment:

  1. I am planning to make apple butter and apple sauce this year. Yummy. Everyone does canning around here so we are going to give it a try too. I don't like apple pie but I do like apple butter and apple sauce.

    ReplyDelete